So last night we got our transfer calls from Pres. Morgan to tell us if we are staying or if we are going. Well I am staying in Saskatoon and will still be Jr. Companion but to a new Elder named, Elder Ray. He will be the district leader for this district, oh he also can't drive so guess who gets to drive in the worst part of the winter when the roads are covered in ice. That is right it is me, I had to give up my Utah License today to get a SK license, that was sad I liked that one a lot. Things are going good, I lost my Library card so this is going to be just a little shorter till I can log on with Elder Beck's card. But I just want you to know that I love ya all a lot and I want you to pray for me that I don't get into any wrecks at all.
KOHL
We are still trying to teach Deanna and her mom and her mom's boyfriend. though it is really hard to try and get them at home and we can't call them anymore because they didn't pay a phone bill or a number of phone bills and it got turned off. We did contact a former investigator that we talked to for a time and found that her brother committed suicide and at the funeral they where saying how bad he was for doing that, and when we came over her and her mom where wanting some answers to questions that they have, like what was he thinking when he did it. We have also found this other family that moved into the home of one investigator that moved to Yorkton and she was saying that her and her brother that lives there where talking about going to a church and then she looked out the window and saw us walking up to the door and so she let us in and had us dedicate the home, because some of the pervious owners had some funky writing on the wall that she didn't like and thought that it had some devilish thing behind it all.
There are a lot of things changing with the mission they want to get a total of 240 baptisms for the year 2007. For 2006 it was 201 and they only got about 189 as a total at the end of the year from what I understand is, that it is a big improvement from the year before, and they just want to keep on going up. Also they are putting in place what I think they are calling Training Elders. They will travel around the whole mission to visit all of the companionships and train them on how to find, and then they have what is called the 10 key indicators and every month it is going to change to try and help us find more people.
There are a number of people that belong to what they call the First Nation or the natives, and truthfully it is not like Utah here, you walk down the street and you see a ton of them, mostly because they are the ones daring enough to go outside. Some of them are open to listening to what we have to say but then they go back to the religion of their native culture and tell us not to come back, but those that grew up in Christianity, are a lot more open from what I have seen with the people that we have taught.
All of my things are holding up and last week I went to the mall and got a pair of boots. They are a nice dressy pair too. It is a brand called Aldo and I got the boots for a really good price normally they are $109, but I got the boots and some leather protector for $88, and the sells person you could tell that they earn commission on what they sell but he was one of the nicest people that I have ever met. He was willing to give me some tips to keep them looking nice, but it wasn't anything that you didn't already tell me mom.
We are eating more than noodles, the stuff that we are eating is a pasta with sauce and we eat it on toast, but sometimes we mix it up and have some maple beans on toast or something on toast. All that we eat comes with toast. The members give us food also in fact the other day we went out to President Spencer’s, his son is the one that married the girl that you know in the other stake that you sent the message through, and he is coming out on Feb. 8, to Orem to move in with his wife, but they gave us some buffalo sausages with cheese and peppers in them. I like them a lot and they where really spicy too, just the way that I like them.
On the really cold days most people stay indoors and so we just stop by people and see if they are home and if we could visit for a short time, those days are the best because people let us in more to get us out of the cold even if it is for a short time. But other than that, most people drive, and they really don't need to worry about an inversion because there are no mountains. But there are a lot of trees, today when we walked out of the apartment the trees where just covered in a frost it was so pretty to see. I took a picture for you so that you can check it out, when I send home my card.
Well, like I told mom I got my SK Drivers License they are odd up here you need to get two of them, one paper and one with a photo, and also you need to renew it every year and not just once in a blue moon like in Utah. You need to pay the full price every year not just a discounted price but I don't think that I will need to get another one. I just want to let you know that I love you all and that I hope that you are having as much fun as I am.
Love KOHL
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does Kohl lose everything? Now the library card, what will we ever do with this kid?
And why is it so easy for me to imagine kohl eating every single one of his meals on bread? It totally seems like something he would do normally if it would have been allowed.
Maybe he should keep eating everything on toast.....as of 4 weeks ago he has lost 14 lbs. Maybe I should go on the put everything you eat on toast diet. Maybe it has something to do with the -40 degree weather, you are so cold and shivering to death you burn calories.
Post a Comment