Thursday, February 1, 2007

New Companion in Saskatoon

So Elder ray and myself went up to do my laundry and when I took my whites out of the washer my library card fell out of a pocket or something like that so now I can spend a little more time on the computer writing an e-mail. Ok so last time the zone leaders took us to the university to write our e-mails it is so nice there the internet is fast and the computer doesn’t kick you off when you have been on for too long. There was just one thing that I would have done different...put my glasses somewhere so that I didn't leave them there. I set them at the table that we where sitting at and I left them there, luckily I noticed that I did and we where able to go back and find them sitting in the same spot that I put them. So they didn't get taken away by some unknown student. Having me the driver is a little different, we end up walking or getting rides for the most part. It was all good until last night there was a small snowstorm, and with those snowstorms, the wind really blows so it was a lot of fun trying to walk in that. I have discovered why every thing tastes different up here then in the states, they will not buy any stuff from the states that is also, why cheese is so expensive it comes from Canadian cows. Everything has the red maple leaf on it. You can't go anywhere and not see the maple leaf. So last week was transfers, they left wed. night, I spent the night with Elder Kelly one of the zone leaders. Transfer meeting was on Thurs. and then they where back up here in Saskatoon by Fri. this whole time I was with elder Kelly. and It was a good thing too, we went to a dinner appointment with a family out in Clavet, that is part of our area, almost 30 min. drive away going 100 k/h, for mom 75 mph, and one of the boys in the family reminded me so much of Kyler all he wanted to do was talk politics and when we told him that we couldn't he then asked us if we liked pres. bush as a person. Oh his mom got so mad at that question he didn't talk much for about 1 min. and then he was up and at it all over again but just making fun of Americans and his brothers and sisters, the dad wasn't helping though he was just making it worse and the mom was just trying to stop it all form happening. What they don't know is that we like to see people like that it makes us feel a little more at home then eating with statues. Kyla and Ashley....they dropped the sistersSo the zone leaders said for them to turn them over back to us and for us to "Flirt to Convert" is what they call it they want us to talk to them and see why they dropped the sisters and if there is a way that either the sisters can start teaching them again or if we could start teaching them. It is not that hard with elder ray he has almost all of our investigators wrapped around his finger, he got one to dump a $30 case of beer down the drain, I will tell you more about that in my letter home. Elder Ray is a cool guy, he is from around the world. His dad is in the Army and so they travel a lot, right now they are in Germany, when he left/filled out all of his paper work he was living in Egypt. So it says on all of his records that he is from Egypt but he was born in Arizona so that is where he says that he is from. Well I love ya all and hope that you are all doing well.LOVE KOHL

1 comment:

Lacking Productivity said...

Yikes. We need to make that boy a list that he has to check off to make sure he has everything before he leaves any location that he has been in for more that five minutes.
I'll start it off:
Glasses
Wallet: Check wallet for:
Library Card
Driver's License